Things Kids Say

Friday, October 12, 2007


Last week Anna and Sarah recieved a package with a couple of letters written to them by their Aunt Heather. They were both so exicted about getting the letters that they both went on a spree of wanting to write letters. Many of us are familar with the expression that kids say the darnedist things, so I thought that I would include some of what the girls dicated to me.







Sarah told me in her letters that "I want to water the plants with you. I want to make a toy for your cats with you. I want to draw you a pumpkin. I want to fluff up the pillows on the sofa with you. I want to pick some flowers with you."

Anna told me in her letters that "I want to eat with you again. I want to help you in your garden. I want to learn to tell time with you. I want to make tea with you. I want to make tortellini with you. I want to sing with you. I still remember “You Are My Sunshine”. I want to draw a cow with you. I want to eat a tomato with you. I want to eat cereal with you. I want you to read me a story. I want to make an arts and crafts eagle with you."

We recently went to the Netherlands and Belgium on a long weekend. We visited Ute and her family in South Holland. Axel is currently assigned in that area (not too far from Maastricht). We visited former neighbors from when I was working in the Netherlands. We also visited a former colleague from when I worked in the Netherlands as well. The girls really enjoyed themselves and had fun playing with all the kids. It was interesting see the girls playing and interacting with kids that don't speak German or English. You sometime hear that children playing is an international language understood by all kids, it was interesting to see this in action.

Here a couple of pictures of the girls dressed as what else (princesses)! In was a nice mini-vacation and nice to see some friends that we don't see so often. I started a blog about productivity, organization, and other topic called Systems-Overload, feel free to check it out and let me know what you think.

Blogged with Flock



Add to Technorati Favorites
Save This Page

0 comments: